What Economics Gets Wrong (Almost Everything)
Economics as a discipline is nearly worthless. What it teaches mostly isn’t true.
- Decreasing price does not always increase demand and increasing price sometimes increases demand (aka. the law of supply and demand isn’t a law.)
- People do not optimize utility (by any definition that is not circular).
- People are not rational.
- The market is not rational.
- The market does not discount the future well at all.
- Competitive markets are created by government, and destroyed by private actors.
- Markets do not and never have properly priced externalities and never will do so while humans remain human. The only way to price externalities properly is thru government or custom (government in drag.)
- Profit or loss in any enterprise in a modern economy is a social choice, entirely based on government and social decisions and mostly unrelated to fundamentals…
View original post 629 more words